Short Tail Possum pics

neonvertigo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 21, 2005
H-Town, Texas
Got a new camera and was running around blinding all my animals with the flash... thought I would share some pics of our little girl "Kiwi". She is 2 years old and a bit neurotic.

:D

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Opossums are SO awesome, they make such good pets! I litter trained and raised a Virginia opossum once and have always wanted another one. where did you get this guy?

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
snakeguy101;3808894; said:
Opossums are SO awesome, they make such good pets! I litter trained and raised a Virginia opossum once and have always wanted another one. where did you get this guy?
That is not an Opossum, its a possum. Yours was an opossum.

Opossum=new world
possum= old world

Interesting critter.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
kdrun76;3808912; said:
That is not an Opossum, its a possum. Yours was an opossum.

Opossum=new world
possum= old world

Interesting critter.
They are both Opossums. Most people just shorten it to possum, its not actually a scientific name.

The difference is that short tailed opossums are from Brazil and only get to be about the size of a large hamster or small rat, are generally very docile, and can be easily bonded to and kept as pets. Virginia opossums get to be the size of a small dog, and are generally pretty difficult to tame unless you raise one from a very young age. Plus they need much larger enclosures to maintain a captive one.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
snakeguy101;3808894; said:

They sell them here in non chain type pet stores . Reptile type pet stores carry them now and than.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
neonvertigo;3808453; said:
Got a new camera and was running around blinding all my animals with the flash... thought I would share some pics of our little girl "Kiwi". She is 2 years old and a bit neurotic.

:D

Great looking . They are interesting .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store