Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

jhutch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
I have some pics from the guy I got my 7 juvies from of their father. He gave me permission to post them.

These are just starting to show up and I only know of 3 different strains right now. There may be more but if so the people are pretty good at keeping these off the radar.

ibr3ak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
So I came home last night to a little surprise, my "male" ob peacock was holding, was kinda disappointed since I've gotten the most colored and long finned one out of the tank, but grabbed the fishnet and fished her out while they were still in that drunk sleepy state, put her in a bag and returned her to the lfs for an exchange this morning.

Got this male, which looks alot daker and colorful and has alot more blue speckles throughout the body:

Here's what the female looked like:

I also traded in 4 peacock juvies, some male (which were around 2"-2.5" and lacked alot of color), some female for this, around 4", maleri maleri, a little beat up from being in a fryeri tank, but is growing his fins back to normal:

And just a little update on a few others,

The juvie ngara is getting alot of the yellow on his belly now, so just thought I'd snap a few:

And the ruby red:

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
ibr3ak;2251374; said:
So I came home last night to a little surprise, my "male" ob peacock was holding, was kinda disappointed since I've gotten the most colored and long finned one out of the tank, but grabbed the fishnet and fished her out while they were still in that drunk sleepy state, put her in a bag and returned her to the lfs for an exchange this morning.

Got this male, which looks alot daker and colorful and has alot more blue speckles throughout the body:

Here's what the female looked like:

I also traded in 4 peacock juvies, some male (which were around 2"-2.5" and lacked alot of color), some female for this, around 4", maleri maleri, a little beat up from being in a fryeri tank, but is growing his fins back to normal:

And just a little update on a few others,

The juvie ngara is getting alot of the yellow on his belly now, so just thought I'd snap a few:

And the ruby red:

Wow, :drool::drool::drool: your peacocks are gorgeous, especially the ruby red. Nice collection of peacocks. :thumbsup:

African Freak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
Sydney Australia
Heres a couple of pics of my africans can any one ID the albino
peacock
? I got a
Xystichromis phytophagus yesterday aswell ill get some pics soon. These shots arnt to good sorry only have iphone to take photos with atm.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
African Freak;2253577; said:
Heres a couple of pics of my africans can any one ID the albino
peacock? I got a
Xystichromis phytophagus yesterday aswell ill get some pics soon. These shots arnt to good sorry only have iphone to take photos with atm.
what kind is in this top pic?.... what a gorgeous looking african...all of them are beauties....but love to see more pics of the top one if you could.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store