Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
they are so blue ...love the last pic with his little mouth open..you have very nice collection of pretty fish

Sciroccoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Florida
Here are my Cichlids, I have a total of 11 in a 30g long.
#1 is Skwisgaar my yellow lab (Lion's Cove II)
#2 is Snizzy Snazz, might be of Tropheops...
#3 is Toki one of two Labidochromis Textilis
#4 is Blammymataz, might be of Tropheops...
#5 & #6 are Bonnie & Clyde, I believe they are Pseudotropheus Scofoli
#7 is Mr. Selatcia, might be of Tropheops...
#8 is Pickles, I have no idea yet what he is
#9 is Rockzo the Rock and Roll Clown-Phish, I believe he is Tropheops "Boadzulu" (Makokola)
#10 is Nathan Explosion, the other Lab. Textilis

FishesWeek3 014.jpg

FishesWeek3 038.jpg

FishesWeek3 037.jpg

FishesWeek3 104.jpg

FishesWeek3 055.jpg

FishesWeek3 064.jpg

FishesWeek3 056.jpg

FishesWeek3 047.jpg

FishesWeek3 100.jpg

FishesWeek3 050.jpg

Sciroccoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Florida
Thanx for the compliments, Liz.
I took those pix within the last week, after putting them all in within the last three weeks. Just took a look at Blammymataz and he has started to really show the vertical striping. They have great color potential. I love this time in their lives, for their changing colors make the time go by a little easier. I can't wait till they mature.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Sciroccoman;2456953; said:
Thanx for the compliments, Liz.
I took those pix within the last week, after putting them all in within the last three weeks. Just took a look at Blammymataz and he has started to really show the vertical striping. They have great color potential. I love this time in their lives, for their changing colors make the time go by a little easier. I can't wait till they mature.
the way you take care of them they will grow fast so enjoy them as babies too... so much fun to watch them grow.... they are so full of color now...i can only imagine the color later....

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
NICE pics!!!

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO

Sciroccoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Florida
Nice Alunocara baenschi, he's beautiful! I wanted to get one of those for my tank, but I guess I'll wait till I can afford a bigger tank..

Red Devil, I've been searching cichlid data bases, and found a possible match to Rockzo... It's possible he's of the Cynotilapia afra (Msobo)....

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Sciroccoman;2460453; said:
Nice Alunocara baenschi, he's beautiful! I wanted to get one of those for my tank, but I guess I'll wait till I can afford a bigger tank..

Red Devil, I've been searching cichlid data bases, and found a possible match to Rockzo... It's possible he's of the Cynotilapia afra (Msobo)....
yes because his lateral lines are very slim like that...that was the key thing i look for... colors come out later..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store