Sick West African Lungfish, No Idea What is Wrong.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
SmilexGwG SmilexGwG like yourself, I have no idea how this thread of yours turned the way it did. I can’t take responsibility for the awkward response that emerged from G GLTigerfish29 , no idea where that came from or what they’re trippin on, but I am sorry about the challenges you are facing with your lungfish.
Were the marks present when purchased or did they develop after introducing to the fish your tank?
Tank mates? Anyone else w visible issues in the tank?
If you have photographic evidence of the presence of the issue related to your purchase I would personally contact the LFS and request a refund and return the fish.
If that is not an option, I agree w Milingu Milingu regarding the addition of salt. This will promote slime coat regeneration, disrupt & stop the bacterial lifecycle, and soothe your lungfish.
I have no personal experience with lungfish so I cannot offer any further advice mate. All the best πŸ‘πŸΌ

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
wednesday13 wednesday13 has kept lungfish and kno4te kno4te is a fish disease expert.

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Damn I guess I should have never posted...
Sorry man. I shouldn't have said anything; pretty much my fault for the inflammatory comments. You didn't do anything wrong.

As for the lungfish, the open lesions look to have some minor necrosis setting in and interfering with healing somewhat. Kanaplex and possibly a light dose of salt should help. Upping the water changes to ~70% per week would also be rather beneficial.
Some of the wounds almost look like bite marks...what was the fish kept with at the store?
The snout complications look like healed-over nose rub; shouldn't be a major concern.
If the fish is eating and moving about well, it should be alright as long as the injuries don't worsen or develop a serious infection.
The ammonia-alert tag thing oftentimes doesn't work right, I'd recommend an actual liquid test kit for future reference instead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store