Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
i wonder if arowanafanboy will ever post here again!!! :ROFL:

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
the dumbass had the audacity to steal a pic of someone whos actually on here. what a de de deee

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Anyone want to see a pic of my 10000 gal? I got some pima, peacock bass, ect. Oh wait that's johnptc's tank. I guess unlike the loser that started this thread I will stick to building my tanks so that I can show off real hard work, like john and others on here.

tyl089

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
San Jose,
Oh well, at least these liars get the real McCoys to post FAIL pics and everybody gets a good laugh at the pics and the liars. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Silven

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2006
North of you
Ok, I am not into domestic violence or against illegals, but some of these are pretty funny.

Attachments

Sundew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2006
Daytona Beach, Florida
You might want to consider pool filter sand as a substrate because: It's relative cheap compared with gravel, it's prewashed so you can dump it right in, and best of all, it does not hold dirt like gravel. I have it as substrate in a 650 gallon fiberglass vat and it has been set up for about a year. The sand has never been cleaned even once and still does not need cleaning. Cleaning the filter and regular water changes are all that is necessary. In a tank your size you could spend hours trying to keep the gravel clean and it won't be easy in a deep tank.

Plants may be a problem since you tank is deep and they need strong light. If you go with floating plants you could use water lettuce, water hyacinth, riccia or salvinia depending on what's available and legal in India.

I would not leave the light on 24/7. It's not natural for the fish and can actually cause problems for plants as well. You could always have a dim light come on from dusk to midnight or whenever you go to sleep if you want to see the fish as night and leave the bright growing light for the day.

Highly reccommend a lexan or polycarbonate cover for the tank so the arowanas don't beat their heads against glass or jump out.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Sundew;1779433; said:
You might want to consider pool filter sand as a substrate because: It's relative cheap compared with gravel, it's prewashed so you can dump it right in, and best of all, it does not hold dirt like gravel. I have it as substrate in a 650 gallon fiberglass vat and it has been set up for about a year. The sand has never been cleaned even once and still does not need cleaning. Cleaning the filter and regular water changes are all that is necessary. In a tank your size you could spend hours trying to keep the gravel clean and it won't be easy in a deep tank.

Plants may be a problem since you tank is deep and they need strong light. If you go with floating plants you could use water lettuce, water hyacinth, riccia or salvinia depending on what's available and legal in India.

I would not leave the light on 24/7. It's not natural for the fish and can actually cause problems for plants as well. You could always have a dim light come on from dusk to midnight or whenever you go to sleep if you want to see the fish as night and leave the bright growing light for the day.

Highly reccommend a lexan or polycarbonate cover for the tank so the arowanas don't beat their heads against glass or jump out.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Good info Sundew, but you really gotta go back and read this entire thread:ROFL:

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
anyone notice silveraroonly hasnt been on since got busted. people like him should not be allowed on this site but who can stop them. BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
He is now using another user name and keeping a low profile.

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
really. he must not know how to properly care for fish properly. cuz most people that do on here dont steal other peoples threads and say its there own. he probably would ask for advise and when someone told him not to do something he would do it anyway. therefore they wouldnt like him and he stole someones thread so people wouldnt chew him out for doing something stupid. but thats just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store