snakehead photo gallery -- post your snakehead pictures here

cesr mardtz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2009
malaysia
i am newcomer here..
please give me some pinion..
a few days before my giant snakehead died..i was really upset and lose my enthusiasm to keep fishes..i release my common snakehead coz i think the snakehead is too common.
why my giant snakehead died?i thought they are really tough..other fishes such as common snakehead, cockoo catfish, climbing perch live really well..i feed the giant climbing perch fry..
this was the third giant snakehead died..:duh:

tunblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi Cesr,
perhaps you could share with us some extra info.
how big was your micro when it died?
how many micro u had in the tanks at one time?
how big is the tanks?
and the only caused of death that i could think of rite now is ,maybe the feeder fish u feed him,if im not mistaken the climbing perch is "puyu" rite????
if it is, then it might be the caused, its a damn tough fish too and its not easy for your giant to swollow...dorsal and pelvic fins are as tough as metal....
i could be wrong anyway....
so what u can do for a start is that u can try feed the next micro goldfish or seluang instead..
apart of that, seldom i hear that micro/giant just died like that....u are rite, they are very tough fish.
sorry for your lost bro...and keep us update ya..
cheers
keep us update ya...

cesr mardtz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2009
malaysia
thankz tunblue..
it is about 6 inches..b4 this i kept 2 micro..a few weeks ago one of them died and a few days ago the one remain died..when i kept two micro i found a lot of damage on their body..i assume that they fighting each other and thought that there would be no problem to keep one micro..i fed them puyu fry coz i have a lot of them in my tank..maybe i will get a micro later and feed them feeder goldfish although it requires a lot of money :)
i also tried to breed feeder fish such as guppy but it always ended with failure..

tunblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm..
yupp, i do still believe that your puyu feeder might have caused it.
Puyu is one super tough fish...and for 6 inches micro, it might not be able to kill the puyu before its get swallowed, and puyu might still live in the stomach...;p
yupp, it might cost bit to buy goldfish or guppy.but its worth a try bro....
as for micro living together, i doubt that can cause a problem...
anyway which part of M'sia are you in....
we have a bunch of malaysian here who are more into good quality Maruliodes,
seen any of it around???
hahaha...
cheers bro...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store