snakeheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltron2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
The nearest i got was a Rainbow snakehead recently but did not make it. Was tortured to death by my gar overnight ..... :(

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
red snakeheads rule

Kutty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Somewhere in S'pore
That fish is definitely closely related to Channa bleheri, the Rainbow Snakehead. My last Channa bleheri died a week after being in my tank, probably from unsuitable pH levels. (The pH was 8++) It is considered a dwarf snakehead, growing to only 6''. They REQUIRE soft, acidic water with a pH of around 6-6.5.

freeform

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
red dot island
Kutty said:
That fish is definitely closely related to Channa bleheri, the Rainbow Snakehead. My last Channa bleheri died a week after being in my tank, probably from unsuitable pH levels. (The pH was 8++) It is considered a dwarf snakehead, growing to only 6''. They REQUIRE soft, acidic water with a pH of around 6-6.5.
same reasons why mine died. haizzzz. :shakehead

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Does this sensitivity to water conditions only apply to the dwarf species? I owned two red snakeheads when I was twelve many years ago. They were kept in a 30 gallon tank. I never even knew about water changes or anything and probably fed them 50-100 feeders a week. The water looked poor to the sight so I am sure it was pretty crappy. There was nothing I could do to kill these fish even if I had wanted to. Is it more of a PH thing? and not so much amonia,nitrates, etc....

evilfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2005
england
channa micropeltes (reds) are extremely hardy, but most dwarf species are quite soft pH or they will die.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I grew up working in a lfs and we used to sell blue line snakeheads and african snakeheads. Is it possible to still find these

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store