Snow White Polar Parrot Cichlids

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
What fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 said.
Care is the same as ordinary convicts.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Those are shortbody platinum convicts.
Are you 100% certain? Still a possibility that they are parrots. Since they can breed a regular convict with parrot, and produce blue polar parrot. It's not far off that they can bred a white convict to a parrot, and then start selecting towards a white parrot. Or they selective breed towards a shortbody white Midas, and then cross with white convict and then cross with a parrot.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Are you 100% certain? Still a possibility that they are parrots. Since they can breed a regular convict with parrot, and produce blue polar parrot. It's not far off that they can bred a white convict to a parrot, and then start selecting towards a white parrot. Or they selective breed towards a shortbody white Midas, and then cross with white convict and then cross with a parrot.
They look more like a shortbody convict

Reactions: Bbuckley

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
These guys have a convict mouth, fins, and overall profile. Parrots and convicts are supposed to be quite hard to breed, and the offspring would look like this:
1619095921226.jpeg
Polar blue or platinum parrots are simply short bodied convicts. It is possible that there are some sold that are white Midas x convict or parrot x white convict, but that would be very rare.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
That's what I thought about polar parrots, but man, they do so much hybridization with parrots and flowerhorns, I can't put it past the breeders doing it.
Yea I know what you mean but I’m 100% that those are just short body convicts

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
These guys have a convict mouth, fins, and overall profile. Parrots and convicts are supposed to be quite hard to breed, and the offspring would look like this:
View attachment 1458294
Polar blue or platinum parrots are simply short bodied convicts. It is possible that there are some sold that are white Midas x convict or parrot x white convict, but that would be very rare.
Through natural methods maybe, but I'm sure they have other ways. There's way too many blood parrots of various sizes (and there's always the running joke that convicts will breed in a drop of water with any CA of the opposite sex, not so much with SB midevils.).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store