Spiny Freshwater Crayfish (Murray cray E. armatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
no, they're listed as "Data Deficient". meaning that there isn't enough data to call them threatened or not.

oh, OK, I thought the black ink at the extinct is their status:irked:!

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Australia has some of the most stringent wildlife import/export laws in the world. I don't think you're going to convince anyone to ship you any. It's too bad, I've always wanted some spiny crays too. Check out the Tasmanian giant spiny cray, Astacopsis gouldi: http://www.lobsterexpeditions.com.au/. Unfortunately this guy really is threatened.

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
Maybe this wasn't clear: you can not legally acquire this species outside of Australia. You're basically offering to pay someone to break the law for you, on a public forum. If you want a big crayfish, there are others that are available in the trade. Some of the Cherax species get quite large.

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
it could be possible. you just need to get permits which could be difficult. australia has strict wildlife laws, but it's not like nothing has ever been exported from australia before.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Talk to Aquscape.They usually have a nice crayfish selection on their site and the last time I checked it they did have an Australian Blue lobster.That may not be what you are after but it sounds close and if he can get those than the other one shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store