Stocking a tank with odd dimensions

_SEANC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2023
Ended up for the 33 gallon getting a school of 18 tiger barbs and a bristlenose pleco and the tank looks amazing. I was waiting a while to see if I could get a saxitilis pike cichlid, don’t really have any good lfs around me and I don’t want to pay a ton of money for shipping but then I was at a local PetSmart two days ago getting water conditioner when I saw two salvini cichlids with a bunch of African cichlids. At first I couldn’t even tell they were salvini cichlids cause they were almost black in coloration and they were getting beat on so I bought them for the 75 gallon. I’m now wondering about their sex, could anyone help me ones about 2 1/2 in the other is closer to 2.
Sorry for taking so long to respond to the thread.

IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

_SEANC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2023
I think the one on the left is female and the one on the right is male, when will I be able to tell if they’re a pair because sometimes they swim together but then other times the one on the left will chase the one on the right but only until it’s on the other half of the tank and then it goes back under some driftwood

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store