Stocking idea with angels

Pjv81

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2024
Nice tank. I personally wouldn’t go with severum as a centerpiece fish not due to its size but because of its herbaceous nature. Generally severums in planted tanks is not a good idea. They may also eat your small dither fish as they grow larger. If you want a better centerpiece fish I would recommend maybe some dwarf cichlids. Apistogramma and rams should work well and have plenty of color and personality. Another suggestion is a red flag tail prochilodus. This fish might be pushing it with the tank size but they are slow growing and I’ve seen ones max out anywhere from 12-16 inch. Peaceful and vibrant and while may munch on Plants generally been pretty good in my planted tanks. Plus one of the best algae eaters! Hope this helps. I’m usually one to slightly overstock my tanks but with the right maintenance and care they do fine :)
Yeah im sticking with angels and community tetras and Cory’s. I may add a bristle nose pleco or my LFS has a nice 6” green phantom pleco, now that I have more wood. The Otto’s have been eating nothing except algae and the wood and have been thriving. I’d like to add pieces of cucumber and see if they go for that.

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Yeah im sticking with angels and community tetras and Cory’s. I may add a bristle nose pleco or my LFS has a nice 6” green phantom pleco, now that I have more wood. The Otto’s have been eating nothing except algae and the wood and have been thriving. I’d like to add pieces of cucumber and see if they go for that.
I'd reccomend the Green Phantom; I've had a Green Phantom with Angels and corys.

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
The aquarium is not large enough for fully mature Angelfish and a fully mature Severum. I suggest one group of tetra. I personally would choose the rummynose tetra.
Definitely do a big school of rummynose with the angels and Cory’s they look great! Also the sev will shred plants, mine tries to eat fake plants in my tank sometimes lol.

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
My original plan was to do rummy nose but I cannot find them at any fish store within a hour drive of me. So I have been doing neon tetras and now black neon tetras, and so far they have been schooling quite nicely.
Sounds great! I’d just make sure like others said I believe that the angels don’t eat them.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
My experience with Angels is they will take down the neons one by one lol. Believe it or not they also took down rummynoses. I had 4 adult Angels with 2 rams and a school of Cory’s. Bristle nose plecos would be great 👍 green phantom would look amazing as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store