Stocking/Tank ideas for a 4ft tall 325 gallon tank

91sbcamaro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Omaha, NE
I recently acquired a 4ft tall tank and would like to hear some idea for stocking. I think their is quite a bit of possibilities with this tank but I would like to hear some opinions. Tank has a built in overflow and is drilled so I will be using a sump for filtration. Tank is made with 1" acrylic sides & bottom.

Cheaply made MSPaint drawing:

Metriacliman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2012
New York
4 feet tall? Some weird dims.

91sbcamaro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Omaha, NE
The dimensions are a bit unique. It must have been a custom tank for someone that ended up never using it. I would like to keep an aro, but is the tank going to give it enough room to swim around though?

91sbcamaro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Omaha, NE
I finally got some crappy pictures of the tank. Should be getting it moved out of my warehouse and into my garage this weekend and then I can get it cleaned up and better pictures.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
arawanas, cichlids,pbass, large birchirs, catfishes...
Definitely no on the Arow's, not enough room; I would count out p-bass as well.

Strange dimensions, but at the same time totally awesome, very unique.

I keep seeing a planted setup with a large piece of driftwood with roots from bottom to top (like an underwater tree) think "Rivers of the Sun"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNj75_4jLaY <----- Part 1 of 6, great series for inspiration

Discus would be awesome along with a large group of Tetra's; add a few Geo's and a small pleco or 2 and you'd be set!

This tank shows all kind of potential, make sure to keep us updated :)

geronimo69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I would try to find 3-4 Ceylon puffers (tetraodon fluviatilis) and make the tank brackish. They would look awesome, using the height of the tank for sure. They are very active swimmers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store