Stocking/Tank ideas for a 4ft tall 325 gallon tank

91sbcamaro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Omaha, NE
I would try to find 3-4 Ceylon puffers (tetraodon fluviatilis) and make the tank brackish. They would look awesome, using the height of the tank for sure. They are very active swimmers.
I was originally going to do a salt tank to upgrade my other reef tank but nixed the idea mainly because of water changes and the mixing tanks I would need. I don't have much experience with brackish tanks but I would assume its similar.

I have a SA/CA tank now, but what about some more aggressive fish? Maybe a piranha tank, not sure how many it would be able to support and I would love to do pbass.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
arawanas, cichlids,pbass, large birchirs, catfishes...
:shakehead

Maintenance on the bottom of that tank will be a bear. Would look good as a planted tank but gonna need very good lighting to penetrate that depth. Maybe a tall piece of driftwood with some plants anchored to it. Populate with smaller schooling species and either wild angelfish or discus.

joshlandis24

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2010
columbus ohio
Xs 2

Definitely no on the Arow's, not enough room; I would count out p-bass as well.

Strange dimensions, but at the same time totally awesome, very unique.

I keep seeing a planted setup with a large piece of driftwood with roots from bottom to top (like an underwater tree) think "Rivers of the Sun"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNj75_4jLaY <----- Part 1 of 6, great series for inspiration

Discus would be awesome along with a large group of Tetra's; add a few Geo's and a small pleco or 2 and you'd be set!

This tank shows all kind of potential, make sure to keep us updated :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
Did that come out of a PetCo store? I worked in Petco as a teenager. We had a tank VERY much like that. It sat on the floor. Was sort of a tall, clear pond.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Did that come out of a PetCo store? I worked in Petco as a teenager. We had a tank VERY much like that. It sat on the floor. Was sort of a tall, clear pond.
I doubt a petco would carry a monster aquarium... the huge aquarium store I go to goes up too 265 or 300 gallons and why would a chain have bigger? I do wish chains carried 100+ gallon tanks though... maybe you saw a smaller version...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Seems like a tank that would make for a perfect paludarium especially with that height...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I doubt a petco would carry a monster aquarium... the huge aquarium store I go to goes up too 265 or 300 gallons and why would a chain have bigger? I do wish chains carried 100+ gallon tanks though... maybe you saw a smaller version...
Read again, he wasn't claiming that Petco was selling the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store