Suggestions for new 325G Aquarium?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I would run a sump coupled with a close loop filter. I’d say a 125-250 sump with K1 is the way to go with an fx6 or an Aquaultraviolet Ultima 1000.

For lighting, two 48” strips would work great if you’re not planning on plants. That 30” height will make it so you’ll need pendant lighting to grown plants. If you want pendent, you’ll need at least three.

local hero local hero , your lights are super cool. Do you have any build threads?

local hero

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2006
...in my head
I would run a sump coupled with a close loop filter. I’d say a 125-250 sump with K1 is the way to go with an fx6 or an Aquaultraviolet Ultima 1000.

For lighting, two 48” strips would work great if you’re not planning on plants. That 30” height will make it so you’ll need pendant lighting to grown plants. If you want pendent, you’ll need at least three.

local hero local hero , your lights are super cool. Do you have any build threads?

Thanks! I unfortunately have any build threads, I should try a go through my old pics, take some new pics and try to piece something together.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Unfortunately I couldn’t find a good deal on anything bigger than a 75 right now without driving real far and the stand won’t fit more than a 75 without being rebuilt so the flirtations going to be a 75G custom done sump with 3 intake tubes/socks, a built in wet/dry, and a nitrate reactor while being powered by a 2600gph return pump.

local hero

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2006
...in my head
What bulbs do you use to get such great penetration mine tends to Peter out

View attachment 1385564

I don't remember exactly what I have on the turtle tank but I'm fairly sure it's these or something very similar-

The turtle tank is pretty shallow though so the pic might be a little deceiving, its 72 x 24 x 12.

I believe this is what I used on the other tank posted, it quite a bit bigger at 72 x 28 x 28, I get plenty enough penetration to grow plants with these-

Reactions: celebrist

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
If I were doing this tank, I'd either go for a sump or an Ultima. I'd also strongly consider a drip system.

As for lights, I don't know much but Aquarium Coop just used several 4 footers on his 800g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store