Tank mate for Nurse shark

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Gold fish are a nutritional no-no..... dude you may want to consider giving that shark away for free and researching into smaller species of sharks and going from there..

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
LCPL_DSM;2951178; said:
When I was deployed my wife would feed her 3 to 4 times a week. I kept with the same pattern however I tend to feed her more then my wife with going an buy gold fish and hand feeding her with silver side or shrimp.

Not even close to enough food. Six times weekly for pups is what you should try to do. I'll second the gold fish is bad comment. Use marine fish (herring, capelin, mackeral, salmon), squid, shrimp, clam, crab and things like that are best. Think about what they eat in the wild, and line up the diet with that.

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
The SW fish that the Nurse Shark would most likely be part of the natural prey in the wild - is the following - Mullets, Flounders, Spots, Croakers, Drums, & herring.

Mackeral, Salmon, Tuna & Trout might be okay as an alternative.

For small juvenile Nurses - it's better to do small feedings 5-6 times a week - as Zoodiver suggested. But keep the total amount you feed the juvenile shark to about 10% of total body weight per week. If you go much higher than that, you will likely see the shark's growth rate rapidly increase - to as much as 2" per month (24" per year).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store