Tapah, Wallago, Killer Catfish, Man-Eating Catfish, Helicopter Catfish, Freshwater Sh

irwan

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Indonesia
Delhezi222;2348994; said:
Hampala, your wallago look awesome!
The fact that they're kept with numerous tankmates just adds to the awesomeness!:headbang2
If the space is large enough and you not put only two or three fishes, they will fine. When I first put my H. Wyckii, my marulius did not take it easy, they both fought. But as there's winner and looser, finally they can get along. My Marulius given up his teritorial space to wyckii and moved to other side of tank. And all live in peace since then

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
You are asking about two diff wallago's. Wallago Leeri, shown in the pics, is alot more dosile and will get along with other larger fish. Wallago Attu on the other hand is viscous and will pester and attack other fish unless they are much larger than them and even then may pose problems and they have a mean set of chompers and are very territorial.

irwan

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Indonesia

as promised. sorry for bad quality pic. The tank has 1 m wide and outdoor. Can not take clear pics of all my wallago as too blur to be shown. The light effect and black background give contribution to these blur pics. The wide also make it difficult to take clear pics.

The tank is consist of H. Wyckii, marble gobbies, wallagos, tigers, gars, bala sharks, marulius, obscura, chitala, peruno and some unknown catfishes

parker21104

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2007
washington
i have a roughly 30" wallago attu in my 240 along with a south american red tail about 16" and a niger 10" and a sun cat 9" and a couple of common plecos. I had a couple of dovii that were small but rtc i believe gave them a new home. anyway i have not had any issues with the current population but my attu does have a deffinitive taste for aro as he has eaten three in the past size range being from 10 to 20 inches two silvers and a jardini.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store