the driffrence between super red an chili red.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
good info..

chilli takes time for it to turn red.. one case in japanese doc took 15yrs for his Chilli to turn red..
Super Red arowana is a broader range of catagory which include all types of RED but banjars.

ampz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2009
water world
Thanks guys for ta info reply helpful mab I like ta rose gold tong yan

bcarlos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
There seems to be a lot of confusion in the naming conventions of Asian aro's. As Earl mentioned, there are indeed two types of red arowana --blood and chili-- which are really just variants of the same species from different parts of Indonesia. Since there is no evidence that either exist naturally in the wild anymore, and lines have been crossed and re-crossed so many times by breeders, your chances of getting a pure chili or blood are nil. With all the gene crossing that has happened in an attempt to produce the most vivid reds, it is very possible for a blood red aro to develop from chili parents, and vice versa. Add to the fact that arowana colour can be influenced by external factors like water parameters, lighting, food, etc, there is not much of a guarantee that the juvenile red aro you own will become either type until it is full developed.

All the other red arowana terms floating around out there -- "super red," "VIP red,"Violet Fusion Super Red," etc etc -- are all just marketing names given to the above mentioned red arowanas.

Buy the red from a reputable farm and inspect it for all signs of good health. These fish are not for the bang-wagon hobbyist-- it takes YEARS of nurturing for your fish to reach its full colour potential.

goestonemoa

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2010
okotoks ab
www.ghosttowntattoos.com
bcarlos;4474613; said:
There seems to be a lot of confusion in the naming conventions of Asian aro's. As Earl mentioned, there are indeed two types of red arowana --blood and chili-- which are really just variants of the same species from different parts of Indonesia. Since there is no evidence that either exist naturally in the wild anymore, and lines have been crossed and re-crossed so many times by breeders, your chances of getting a pure chili or blood are nil. With all the gene crossing that has happened in an attempt to produce the most vivid reds, it is very possible for a blood red aro to develop from chili parents, and vice versa. Add to the fact that arowana colour can be influenced by external factors like water parameters, lighting, food, etc, there is not much of a guarantee that the juvenile red aro you own will become either type until it is full developed.

All the other red arowana terms floating around out there -- "super red," "VIP red,"Violet Fusion Super Red," etc etc -- are all just marketing names given to the above mentioned red arowanas.

Buy the red from a reputable farm and inspect it for all signs of good health. These fish are not for the bang-wagon hobbyist-- it takes YEARS of nurturing for your fish to reach its full colour potential.
so what you are saying is that there is no super red blue base?
the guy im getting it from is the best guy around were i live to get them
ill pm you the name of the lfs if you wish..id like to get to the bottom of this before i spend 1700$ on an 8" aro:grinno:

bcarlos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
goestonemoa;4474735; said:
so what you are saying is that there is no super red blue base?
the guy im getting it from is the best guy around were i live to get them
ill pm you the name of the lfs if you wish..id like to get to the bottom of this before i spend 1700$ on an 8" aro:grinno:
Sorry, I missed your question!

A SR BBXB sounds like a cross between a SR and a BBXB. Would be like a Tong Yan (SR X gold XB) with a blue/purple sheen. I'm biased because I have a personal preference towards reds, but if the fish is nice, go for it! Price sounds a bit steep, but it is a LFS. Good chance you could talk him down.

What farm is this fish from? If you'd like, send me a pic of the fish. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

goestonemoa

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2010
okotoks ab
www.ghosttowntattoos.com
bcarlos;4474778; said:
Sorry, I missed your question!

A SR BBXB sounds like a cross between a SR and a BBXB. Would be like a Tong Yan (SR X gold XB) with a blue/purple sheen. I'm biased because I have a personal preference towards reds, but if the fish is nice, go for it! Price sounds a bit steep, but it is a LFS. Good chance you could talk him down.

What farm is this fish from? If you'd like, send me a pic of the fish. I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.
as soon as it arives in town i will send you a pic from the store and im of coarse going to try and talk him down possibly into 2 of them:headbang2and im pretty sure its from dragon fish industry i have seen pics of him at this farm on theyre site
http://www.dragonfish.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store