The first natives in the 110g

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
:WHOA:
muckieman;1234989; said:
very nice native but dirty glas or camra.lol the first one is a white bass i belive and the otheres are some perch very nice ones. i would wach(sp) those cichlids there small enought to be food for that white bass my white bass was only 6" eating 4-4.5" shinners and about 24 a week.
The glass is still dirty, i blame the Plecos, i think all plecos are lazy... I trust in the chinese algea eater, but i cant find them over an inch here. i may have to set up a chinese algea eater grow out tank... And i refuse to clean the algea off myself, i think im having a silent war with the plecos, which prefer to eat fish food, then attach to one spot and never move untill feeding time again.

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
Nice setup, I have some white crappie that are starting to eat fake food after 3-4 weeks. I'd beware the broken bottle(looks like). Little scratches and wounds can haunt you.

tunerX

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
It took about a week before mine started to eat pellets. They love worms, krill, and shrimp though.

They were about 5" when I put them in the tank. I would have like to get them smaller but that was the smallest of the daily catch.

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
r u going for a river look with all the bottles?? nice fish

fatherof5

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
WISCONSIN
It just takes some time to eat pellets but if you are afraid that they might die on you go ahead and feed them live , down the road you can gradually start to feed them pellets and at the same time the live food will eat the pellets and the perch will pick-up on this.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
duke33;1277884; said:
Nice setup, I have some white crappie that are starting to eat fake food after 3-4 weeks. I'd beware the broken bottle(looks like). Little scratches and wounds can haunt you.

Everybody says that, but iv never had a fish injure itself on the decorations. The silver perch has wounds, but i think the other fish pick on him (even thou hees several times larger)
and now i have F#@$n ick in my tank again.. Can you believe that im gonna have to start quarantining fish from the lfs before they go in the tank !!! I do it with natives, but i think the ick is from the oscars, they had no symptoms in the store or the first day, then 1 oscar breaks out. the others have no signs at all !!

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
tunerX;1277906; said:
It took about a week before mine started to eat pellets. They love worms, krill, and shrimp though.

They were about 5" when I put them in the tank. I would have like to get them smaller but that was the smallest of the daily catch.
same here, mine were caught on worms, and i think they are scerd of em now ha, the cichlids tear up some night crawlers thou.

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
fatherof5;1279090; said:
It just takes some time to eat pellets but if you are afraid that they might die on you go ahead and feed them live , down the road you can gradually start to feed them pellets and at the same time the live food will eat the pellets and the perch will pick-up on this.
Shouldnt they have been watching their tankmates eat? its been a month almost. the silver one tried a few times, but spits it out (flakes,pellets and granules)

They get hollow belly a little, so i get feeders, should i wait a little longer and practice some tough love?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store