Thorichthys pic thread

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Here's a video I just took tonight of my mixteco blues. :) And Stannnzz..I'ma need you to send me some of those helleri. and anyone with aureus, would love some of those too :D

I hope my mixtecos turn out as nice as yours. They are taking forever to grow.

How about pasionis? I'm hoping to get a pair or two.

Reactions: Jason_S

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Some that fall into the fish I should have kept category.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
I hope my mixtecos turn out as nice as yours. They are taking forever to grow.

How about pasionis? I'm hoping to get a pair or two.
Thanks. :) what are you feeding yours and how often are you doing water changes? Mine actually seem to be growing decently fast...at least compared to what I'd have expected. For comparison, I got these I believe in October and the largest was no more than 2". That's the big guy that's the main focus of the video and now I'd say he's at least 3.5".

:)

Reactions: cichlidfish

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
My Mammoth 8" Thorichthys Meeki!

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Thanks. :) what are you feeding yours and how often are you doing water changes? Mine actually seem to be growing decently fast...at least compared to what I'd have expected. For comparison, I got these I believe in October and the largest was no more than 2". That's the big guy that's the main focus of the video and now I'd say he's at least 3.5".

:)
I feed NLS Thera a+ once a day now. I have 2 in the 150g and one in a 36g bow front. I do 2 water changes once a week on the 150g and one on the 36g. This regiment seems to be keeping nitrates low.
But the guy who gave me these fish feeds his twice a day. Usually I see a lot of growth after moving fish to the 150g, but not this time. The growth has been the same in the two tanks.
My pasionis who were smaller or about the same size have grown much faster and are already bigger. They are in the 36g soon to be moved to the 150g.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Here's a more dominant female aureus.

My LFS has a nice meeki that I've been eye balling over the last few weeks. I'm really want it but don't have anywhere to keep it.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Here's a more dominant female aureus.

My LFS has a nice meeki that I've been eye balling over the last few weeks. I'm really want it but don't have anywhere to keep it.
She's beautiful. Love the blue.

Do you have pics of the others?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store