Ultra Rare Wild Oscar !!!

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
Rambo85;2988193; said:
I picked up a sub adult (<8") A.rubrocellatus collected from rio branco from Pier Aquatics in the UK - The guys who went to the UK meet will have seen them also. they were a little beat up and were in a tank with some juvie green terrors.

I had no idea they looked like that when they were very small! I will post pictures of mine tonight.

Stunning pictures by the way.
They are different fish I believe. The Rio Blanco although is close to the Rio Negro have completely different characteristics, which in turn produce different characteristics in the fish that reside there.

artemis1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
wiscawwnsin
interesting how the varying different species of oscars have different head shapes... look at pics from occelatus, then rubro, then orbi, then bahia... you get the idea... they all have different heads :D

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
My own happy little world
ashdavid;2990014; said:
They are different fish I believe. The Rio Blanco although is close to the Rio Negro have completely different characteristics, which in turn produce different characteristics in the fish that reside there.

Ah thanks for clearing that up - it is incredible that fish from two close and similar watercourses can have such different characteristics. I would love to see pictures of a sub adult and an adult of the fish in the first post to see how the colours change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store