Weds Sport Full Carbon Fiber Wheel $12k/set

tylerperkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
wi
carbon fiber in the sun and normal driving conditions after a year will get brittle and start to lack all structural integrity

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
these remind myself of CE28N volks design wise. personally the price wouldn't be worth the weight reduction value for any track car i have bought or built. and i couldn't imageing many people could justify the cash for these because of that factor. for 3k you can get a very decently light pair of Volks and spend the other 9k into engine modifcations, or if you only looking into buying weight reduction parts, you could easily find a fiberglass body, or lips and fenders and all sorts of goods that would do a MUCH better job reducing weight off your ride.

Great for looks for shows and to impress your car crew buddies, but not worth it performance wise. (IMO)

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
tylerperkins;2158088; said:
carbon fiber in the sun and normal driving conditions after a year will get brittle and start to lack all structural integrity
I disagree.

Carbon fiber will, if left untreated (raw), start to deteriorate, but will hold up for years if properly coated with the correct poly resins.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
I could see using them for track racing, but on the street.....the 1st pot hole, a curb, or a bad driveway, on low profile tires and they would be history! An aluminum or even a steel wheel will bend and flex, but carbon will just shatter into a zillion pieces! Especially at high speed! I would say they are more for show and for showing off how much $ one has.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store