What is the best glass aquarium?

Caballero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Texas
Yes, I was referring to the terra-cotta. So bristlenose can cohabit with Gold Fish? I always thought of Gold Fish as being in a "Cold Water" set up...

Laticauda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2010
Central Oklahoma
Caballero;4821965; said:
Yes, I was referring to the terra-cotta. So bristlenose can cohabit with Gold Fish? I always thought of Gold Fish as being in a "Cold Water" set up...
They are fancy goldfish, and have a heater in the winter time. I keep the tank at 76, but that was until recently. Before that, I kept it at 72 with no problems. The bristlenose actually breed quite frequently in the tank. In fact, I practically have baby BNs coming out of my ears!

Laticauda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2010
Central Oklahoma
Holey rock in Texas hill country. My husband's family has a huge ranch out there, untouched land :)
I've heard of people finding it in Austin, too.

Caballero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Texas
Wow, I forgot about those steel frame slate bottom tanks. I had a 10 gallon one when I was a kid....many years ago! Are you happy with the All Glass Aquariums?

I like your "Keep our planet clean" quote!

Caballero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Texas
Nice! I love the Hill Country of Texas. You married well! I seldom get down there as I am in North Texas....Looks like you'll be getting another tank!

aclockworkorange

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I have a couple all glass tanks (one brand new as of a few months, one used) and I'm not overly impressed with quality. They're not "bad" quality, just not great. What size tanks are we talking here anyway? For smaller tanks, you can't beat the craftsmanship of an amano tank.

Caballero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Texas
From talking with Laticauda, I think I'm going to go for a 57 column. The link Clay sent shows that Oceanic actually makes one. Since I've been so happy with my 29 oceanic for, it's hard to beleive, @ 26 years, I'll probably stick with that, I just never see them in the retail stores.

thacarter546

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2008
Midwest
Well my LFS just switched carriers for theyre 55 gallon and larger.

I think they are oceanic it has the word ocean in it. Any way theyre running a special on the low iron/ starfire whatever its called glass 55s for 97 bucks. If I had room and another stand Id snatch one.

They also just ordered custom built coral tanks from the same manafacturer. Which are pretty sweet. built in overflows and sump underneath for each all led lighting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store