What kind a African tiger fish it is

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I hope you didn't pay for the GATF price. There is a LFS near me that tried to sold me same thing as GATF I told them it's not a GATF then guess what? He show me a real AFT from his back room and double the price cause it's a REAL one....
Edit:
I didn't buy abything from that LFS cause I hate those cheating sellers.
So,after you called the guy out on his mislabled fish he goes in the back and brings out the real deal?
I paid 150
That is probably not a bad price but it is nice to know exactly what it is that you have.Some areas either never bring in such fish or they charge outrageous amounts of money for the fish when they do.

Brisk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
So,after you called the guy out on his mislabled fish he goes in the back and brings out the real deal?

That is probably not a bad price but it is nice to know exactly what it is that you have.Some areas either never bring in such fish or they charge outrageous amounts of money for the fish when they do.
I read that the GATF don't get there red fin after 5 to 6 inches

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I read that the GATF don't get there red fin after 5 to 6 inches
I don't know about that either but Goliaths do have a distinctly bulky shaped muzzle compared to the other tigers,you can take some time and look at a few photos of true Goliaths and compare them with your fish.Also,Goliaths seem to have a wider and different shaped tailfin than the other tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brisk

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I paid 150
Not bad at all.
In my area GAFT goes from 150~250 and FATF goes from 75~125 depend size and time of year, usually FATF come around 3 inches and GATF come around 5~6 inches. TBH, I refer FATF because it small size will suite most of our tank and that thing is MEAN :p

Reactions: Brisk
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store