What the hell has happened around here????

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ermgravy;4956573; said:
oh sshh, lol
:cry:

:banher:

:ROFL:
LOL! Well, that's better than I was expecting.. Welcome back!!

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
i feel like i need re-adjust myself for this new crowd as well, i do miss old MFK though..new dudes are a little flame happy when the monster tanks with monster fish pics show up. could only imagine how i'd be treated if i still had my 150high full of monsters..lol.

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
Hey dude! lol bump the 'show your overstocked tank' thread in pic lounge n watch em all faint! :ROFL:

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
That's sort of the problem. We sane folk are done trying to convince Joe Tankstuffer to take better care of his fish. Last time the 'overstocked tanks' thread came up there was just a bunch of irresponsible idiots with Oscars in 2 gallon bowls clapping for it. I miss the way it was, when people actually got shot down for irresponsible fishkeeping. There just aren't enough humane members left around, percentage-wise.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
knifegill;4956691; said:
That's sort of the problem. We sane folk are done trying to convince Joe Tankstuffer to take better care of his fish. Last time the 'overstocked tanks' thread came up there was just a bunch of irresponsible idiots with Oscars in 2 gallon bowls clapping for it. I miss the way it was, when people actually got shot down for irresponsible fishkeeping. There just aren't enough humane members left around, percentage-wise.
thats because call it JDM and suddenly its accepted.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
On the matter of overstocked tanks, I've always found MFK pretty hypocritical in that established members can put up pics of a JDM tank and get ten pages of positive comments, but if a new person asks about a tank size they will get flamed by those same members.

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
i have noticed that in recent years as well. but i do believe there is a difference between overstocked and JDM..

these days people are more afraid to post pics of smaller tanks (180 an up) with their silver aros, cats, cichla, dats..etc

go though the forums and find threads about the infamous toospicynoodle, his tanks were I N S A N E ely and massively overstocked, and yet he is one of the pioneers of monster fish keeping.

sorry for the derail erm!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store