which pleco is the biggest of all.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sometimes you have to work a little for the information you're after. You were provided with a great thread to research the answer to your question. Roll up your sleeves and dig in. You will not learn if your spoon fed the answers. Might find it interesting too. Maybe no one knows the answer off the top of their head, you could tell us.
Nicely posted as the guy was getting a little prickly lol..I was going to ask why leave out the panaque but then he includes them a few posts later.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I'd say the pseudacanthicus histrix as the second largest pleco.
so 1. Acanthicus adonis
2. Pseudacanthicus Histrix
for the number 3 spot I don't know if any pleco that get larger than the 2 ft average max size but smaller than the first 2 or not. But at about 2 ft(600mm) average max size there are a few pleco that grow that big (that I know of) like the L203 Panaque schaeferi, Acanthicus Hystrix, l193 Acanthicus sp, Pseudacanthicus cf. Histrix, L186, and maybe more

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Oddball Oddball that is a monster, what species is that? im not a pleco guy but thats impressive!!

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
justarn justarn I think that's Oddballs old Titanic Panaque which I believe is Panaque schaeferi LDA065 or L203 aka Titanic Pleco, Volkswagen Pleco

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
awesome, need to keep my eyes open for one of these badboys, did you grow him/her out? if so how old is it, fast grower?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I got him at nearly his full size. This guy dropped loads that would make a clydesdale draft horse blush. He was fed a quarter pumpkin at a time, whole potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, bags of algae wafers w/calcium, corn on the cob, whole coconuts (husk and all). He also ground down about 6 pounds of driftwood a week. I finally had to plumb a pool leaf separator into the siphon line just to save on filter cleaning and pump impellers.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
that's why when I first saw it, I was like:"I want one!" then after some research, I turn into:"hell naw"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I got him at nearly his full size. This guy dropped loads that would make a clydesdale draft horse blush. He was fed a quarter pumpkin at a time, whole potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, bags of algae wafers w/calcium, corn on the cob, whole coconuts (husk and all). He also ground down about 6 pounds of driftwood a week. I finally had to plumb a pool leaf separator into the siphon line just to save on filter cleaning and pump impellers.
LOL!....great post.What ever became of the plec?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store