Who love's rubber worm fishing out there..???

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
I love to texas rig'em with a 2/0 or 4/0 MATZUO offset hook and bullet sinker.
the worm's I use are mostly natural color's . some red , green , brown , black and with various tail configureation's from swirl to flat spoon like even natural looking ... bounce 'em off the bottom and pitch'em in the weed's :D
:popcorn:

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I fish in very shallow water, I skip the bullet weight, and let it sink very slowly. Very good method in shallow water.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
I have a ton of em but rarely use them. I mostly use crankbaits or live bait.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Do you have to have a passport to use a Texas rig in Essex? :screwy:

For being the 'Fishing Capital of the World' fishing sure does suck around here without a boat (fresh or salt)! And I have almost every kind of artificial bait thought of, plus sprays, dips, and lucky charms (tried the cereal, didn't work either :D ) I'm thinking voodoo or dynamite...just can't figure how to hook dynamite! Been toying with the idea od electro-shock too! (think I'm kidding?)

Dr Joe

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
Dr Joe;681658; said:

:ROFL: :ROFL: No but you do need a 10 gallon hat like RAY SCOTT (bass boss ) founder of B.A.S.S. :D

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Dr Joe;681658; said:

Dr Joe

As it happens YES!:D
You see this is the great thing about this forum fishing all over the world is and can be different. In the original Texas-rig, the worm is rigged on the hook with the point of the hook pinned back into the body of the worm It has only been in the last few years you could even get hold of the off set hooks as we used just normal long shank hooks they have become more common now but it is still referred as a Texas rig. Lure and jig fishing has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years with a lot of influence from America and Australia. About 5 years ago a lure was a last ditch attempt after ever thing ells had failed. It now we are discovering that they are a good way of fined were fish are laid up and even finding features in the water i.e. weed beds etc.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
yeah, one of the main thing i use while bass fishing, if a 5" watermellon senko, texas rigged with a sinker, the results are astounding if you do it right

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
i also fish em wacky style:naughty:

fishingaddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
houston, texas
love using soft plastics. now yall talkn bout fishin for bass? i like usin those worms, but i favor those weird lookin soft plastics.. the ones that look like theyre from outer space brush hogs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store