Yet another ZooDiver build thread (Shark display)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
The 'yawn' for more for the lack of sleep after weeks of long days/late nights/over nights on this project.
It's very fun, but very physically demanding.

Plan is to move the sharks/fish into the display by the end of the week (curtain still up). Today I matched the salinity in the tank to what the water in their holding pool is. Later this week I'll tie both systems together so the water slowly mixes. It's a sneaky way to pull off an acclimation without adding extra work.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Nothing beats a day when you get a stack of boxes from Aquatic Eco Systems!!

Inside was a bunch of new filters for the 3 display tanks (aside from the shark tank, there are twin 3,700 gallon tanks - one fresh, one salt).

And some shots of the tank fully up and running.
The first water coming out of the return jets, and the first water pouring over the surface skimmer.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
MONSTER!!!!!!!

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Cool stuff

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
A few pics from today. With all this 'new' stuff happening... lights made the list. Display was originally illuminated with 8 halides and 16 power compacts. They got yanked out today in favor of state of the art LED panals. These units give much better color, better light all the way to the substrate and are cheaper (initial cost and annual electric expense). The LED units from AI can do almost anything you can dream of: sunrise/sunset, simulated clouds passing over head (appears to be a shadow moving across the display), lighting storms etc... I'll be sticking to the basic sunrise/sunset function.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Without showing too much... I will say all the animals were moved from the big holding pool back to the display - and are doing very well.
Still doing some fine tuning to the flow, adjusting lighting etc... Another round of fish will be added this coming weekend. Mostly small and medium sized schooling reef fish from local South Florida waters.

Here's one of the white tip reef sharks resting on the bottom.

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
Every time i visit the in-laws in Fla. I always swing by the store and buy somethin'. Cant wait to see the new set up!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store