Mangrove Jack Growout

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Out of curiosity, how big would your Jack get? I recently saw a video of a guy feeding his Mangrove jack, and that thing was bigger than most serving platters.

Reactions: Berts46ers

Berts46ers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
Out of curiosity, how big would your Jack get? I recently saw a video of a guy feeding his Mangrove jack, and that thing was bigger than most serving platters.
They get massive if given enough time.
I have seen those videos of Jacks that are like 3 ft long, there awesome!

Internet info suggests they get to around 50cm by 4-5years and total max length of about 1 metre.

They don’t grow anywhere near as fast as some fish, like a barramundi for example.

I am yet to see a fishing video of a 1m Jack on YouTube, but they may be out there. Most caught are often around the 30-65cm size with some going a bit larger, so that suggests that they grow slowly also.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
They get massive if given enough time.
I have seen those videos of Jacks that are like 3 ft long, there awesome!

Internet info suggests they get to around 50cm by 4-5years and total max length of about 1 metre.

They don’t grow anywhere near as fast as some fish, like a barramundi for example.

I am yet to see a fishing video of a 1m Jack on YouTube, but they may be out there. Most caught are often around the 30-65cm size with some going a bit larger, so that suggests that they grow slowly also.
Thats awesome! Good luck with your beautiful Jack and I look forward to seeing more updates!

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Is this the same or somehow related to Mangrove Snapper? They look very similar!
Mangrove jack = Lutjanus argentimaculatus
Mangrove snapper = Lutjanus argentimaculatus

Same species, different common names

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store