Finally got myself an Odoe, a big one!

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Have you tried to pre-soak the freeze died krill? Mine prefer soaked food, including soaked pellets. It's gotta be soft, or they spit it out. I mean: soaked for 2+ hours so that the massivore mine eat is mush.
You could also try frozen krill, thawed of course.
I agree, she has a few ounces of padding to sustain her for a while...

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
I hadn't tried soaking the krill nor the massivore to be honest. Have up on the krill and floating sticks as it just ends up going down my overflow and into the sump.

After what must have been a month she is now feeding readily on prawn and mussel. Won't touch pellets still so I'm sticking with the prawn and mussel. I'm sure she will now take any fish offered so will be getting some freshwater species fillets soon and see how we get on.

Would love to add a mature male or even several adults but odoe seem so few and far between sadly

Have you tried to pre-soak the freeze died krill? Mine prefer soaked food, including soaked pellets. It's gotta be soft, or they spit it out. I mean: soaked for 2+ hours so that the massivore mine eat is mush.
You could also try frozen krill, thawed of course.
I agree, she has a few ounces of padding to sustain her for a while...

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Here's an update on her.
Doing great, very greedy these days but good as gold and bothers no tank mates.

Just realised I should have measured her whilst at the front glass, eyeballing I'd say she has put on a little length but definitely some girth :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Damn, I can't wait to empty the 180 and get myself a few...

She looks amazing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store