"Golden sun silver arowana"

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
This is what my arowana was labeled when I purchased it at the local store. Right now its around 7.5 inches. I have searched the internet for "golden sun silver arowana" and have found very little to almost no information on them.

I've speculated that these fish may have another name outside of "golden sun." To make sure I had the name correct I messaged the owner of the store and she verified with confidence. She is not the typical fish store owner. Her and her brother have been in the business for a long time.

My arowana will not remain with these fish long term.

What do I have exactly?

20231022_170321.jpg

20231022_170258.jpg

20231022_170014.jpg

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
It does seem to show more orange-red tints and markings in the fins and tail than a plain old' garden variety silver. Captive-bred I'm sure, selected for colour...of course it needs a catchy marketing name. Sounds like they came up with a good one.

Very reminiscent of the Flowerhorn questions that are forever popping up.

"This fish was sold to me as a Super-Red Magnum Anteater-Dragon Starfire Monkey-Sucker...but now that it's grown a bit it seems to look more like a Super-Red Dwarf Anteater-Dragon Starfire Monkey-Sucker. Did I get ripped off???" :nilly:

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
It does seem to show more orange-red tints and markings in the fins and tail than a plain old' garden variety silver. Captive-bred I'm sure, selected for colour...of course it needs a catchy marketing name. Sounds like they came up with a good one.

Very reminiscent of the Flowerhorn questions that are forever popping up.

"This fish was sold to me as a Super-Red Magnum Anteater-Dragon Starfire Monkey-Sucker...but now that it's grown a bit it seems to look more like a Super-Red Dwarf Anteater-Dragon Starfire Monkey-Sucker. Did I get ripped off???" :nilly:
I also own a flowerhorn and I'm familiar with this lol

Mine is a "gold base flowerhorn" *grimace*

Reactions: fishhead0103666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store