"Golden sun silver arowana"

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
I just did an additional search of different arowanas. The albino silver arowana online looks spot on to what's in my aquarium. Given what I read and what I paid, I'm satisfied.

Thanks everyone
Plot thickens. The picture that I saw online that I claimed was spot on to my Albino Silver Arowana... I just clicked on the image/link and it took me to a place not far from here that sells "rare and exotic fish co." MY LFS must be connected to these people. Looks exactly like mine, down to the size/age.

Needless to say, I'm cutting out the middle man next time! It would have been cheaper to have it shipped to my door.

Reactions: tlindsey

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
There were a bunch of “yellow banana” silver arowana a little while back and everyone paid extra for them, me included. It was just a marketing ploy as they just grew to be regular albino silvers

Reactions: tlindsey

FLA

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
There were a bunch of “yellow banana” silver arowana a little while back and everyone paid extra for them, me included. It was just a marketing ploy as they just grew to be regular albino silvers
I am glad you said that. I have seen some very yellow or orange albino silvers. I keep wondering if they are just fed a ton of astaxanthin and fade out without it. They are beautiful. I would hate to pay a lot for it to turn into a normal albino. I would be tempted to take the very orange ones over a regular silver, but I think I like the wild silver look better than the albino. All three are nice though.

Reactions: phreeflow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store