SEPTEMBER TOTM Accepting Entries Now!

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Maybe we should start a "ATOTM" competition to give all the people who can't get shut of algae a chance, lol.
Your kidding right!
with my phone and my stunning lack of photographic ability I will still not be able to make a tank full of stationary algae look good, even next to my bichir.
Good luck to those who can though, those who can’t, vote!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
WE DEFINETLY SHOULD! We should have a contest called “NIAPOTM”. Not Intentional Algae Photo of the Month. Whoever gets the best photo of algae wins! I would rock that contest!

Reactions: Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
WE DEFINETLY SHOULD! We should have a contest called “NIAPOTM”. Not Intentional Algae Photo of the Month. Whoever gets the best photo of algae wins! I would rock that contest!
All it needs is a slight change in the wording in the POTM contest and you will "rock that contest" every month. Change it from "picture of the month" to "PEST of the month" and you'll own that category for years to come!! Lol.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Not my tank! My tank is completely filled with algae. And it’s CITA cyano, diatoms, and Black Beard. And it’s even growing over the pool sand and I cleaned the intake filter tube today because it was clogged ?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Where would we be without our shadow. Good luck with your submittal, but remember that algae also looks natural and in my view would beat a bare looking tank every time.
If the monthly voting was carried out by only the purists of the hobby, then a natural looking tank overwhelmed with algae would probably win every month.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
It looks nice until it spreads all over your tank. A picture with my iced coffee of it right now. And this is after attempting to scrub this goddang glass and the glare makes it so you can only see some patches of algae.

52EC0789-BA2C-4775-9928-70FF0B0A4238.jpeg

Reactions: Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It looks nice until it spreads all over your tank. A picture with my iced coffee of it right now. And this is after attempting to scrub this goddang glass and the glare makes it so you can only see some patches of algae.

View attachment 1472280
My god shadow, that tank is horrendous. If I were your fish I think I'd rather live in that iced coffee, lol.

Seriously though, it is very easy to get some kind of control back when your tank gets like that. All it needs is a series of little tweaks and you will see an improvement. From lighting to feeding to fish choice.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
My god shadow, that tank is horrendous. If I were your fish I think I'd rather live in that iced coffee, lol.

Seriously though, it is very easy to get some kind of control back when your tank gets like that. All it needs is a series of little tweaks and you will see an improvement. From lighting to feeding to fish choice.
+1
Chances are there is something decomposing on a crevice that is feeding the algae. It’s how mine started. Once you remove it there are improvements.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store