Your favorite tankbuster miniatures

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
thats your fault not my...
Is there a reason why you feel the need to argue over something so small and insignificant? I think the shape of a dojo loach and the fact they breathe air makes them look like a potential alternative to a lung fish. Is it really that big of a deal what I think?

Last edited:

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Is there a reason why you feel the need to argue over something so small and insignificant? I think the shape of a dojo loach and the fact they breathe air makes them look like a potential alternative to a lung fish. Is it really that big of a deal what I think?
no comment....

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
I agree with AKWolfe on the shape and air-breathing of weather loaches making them a good lungfish substitute. But IMHO, it seems like they are genetically prone to disease from overbreeding at commercial farms given the vast number of cases of them getting red flesh burns, bloat, etc (just came to this conclusion today, and it's also made me eliminate weather loaches from the planned stock of my 2022 loach tank).
So I personally don't recommend them unless they are wild caught (which is pretty much impossible to come by).

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
I agree with AKWolfe on the shape and air-breathing of weather loaches making them a good lungfish substitute. But IMHO, it seems like they are genetically prone to disease from overbreeding at commercial farms given the vast number of cases of them getting red flesh burns, bloat, etc (just came to this conclusion today, and it's also made me eliminate weather loaches from the planned stock of my 2022 loach tank).
So I personally don't recommend them unless they are wild caught (which is pretty much impossible to come by).
compare coldwater loach with tropical ancient fish seems to me big nonsense or

unprofessional approach.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
As was probably stated before, I think the quality of the substitutions all depends on what it is you look for in a fish. Appearance/traits are the biggest for me, but others may want differently.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store