Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

fayfay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2009
Scandinavia
phoebeq;2982767; said:
Petco has no policy against refusing sales based on individual customers.
Youre lucky..
The chain i work in doesnt refuse sales, but we can try to aid our customers as much as possible, but its ultimatly their decision. I hate that.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
My fun one from today. Lady comes over with a bottle of Stress-coat in her hands. Asks for the other stuff that goes with it. I ask the name and she says she doesn't remember. I ask what color is the bottle, she can't remember. It's that brown stuff that you put in with Stress coat to get rid of water impurities and we are the only ones that sell it. I start mentioning different brands to which the reply is always no. She starts getting mad because I don't know the name of something that she has no clue of. I mention that the Stresscoat is a water conditioner an removes chlorines a chloramines. She replies that it isn't enough. Her fish alm ost died without it and with it has kept her carnival goldfish, who is about 6-7 inches going by her measurements, alive for 7 years in a 10 gallon tank. At this point I just had to walk away. But if anybody knows what this wonder chemical is, please let me know. I have a 29 just begging for a pacu.

rootbeer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2009
at my LFS
phoebeq;2982405; said:
Ok, I am not sure if this has been covered, but I get this at least 5 times a day..."you guys have any allergy-eaters?" Oh, and the most recent one was a guy who wanted an "algenator"...yeah like the terminator...and he was serious lol.

Also, young girl, prolly 15 or so, comes up while I am helping someone and says, "When you get done, we need a Nemo, oh and a Dory too." I said no problem, do you guys have a saltwater tank? To which she replies, "um, I don't know, let me go see"...

I get so many dumbasses, I can't even remember all of my stories lol :D
lol...!!

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
jdiidy271;2982648; said:
im only 13 and dont run/work in an lfs but this is funny but crazy. there is this store by me called tropical grotto and the guy there is a rip off artist. you guys know how mollies can live in freshwater and saltwater..... well he sells freshwater mollies for $5 and saltwater mollies for $11!!! i was looking around and listened to his conversation with this woman who was new to fish keeping.

costumer: i bought some fish here and they died for some strange reason..... why????
salesman guy: well did you change the rocks??
costumer: no i didnt think i needed to.
salesman: well you do. you have to change the rocks every month.
costumer: o ok....
then she actually buys a bunch of rocks. and its not like he doesnt know much about fish. he has like a 500 gallon tank at his house.

these two REALLY MADE ME MAD!!!!! i bought a common pleco there and a day later it dies!!!! for no good reason. my water was perfect. it just dies!! so i bring it back so i can mabe get a refund or a new pleco and he sais it looks like it got attacked. IT WAS SPOTTLESS!!!!!!! it was actually more perfect than most of the plecos i see. so he sais it was attacked and wouldnt give me a refund...... One other one was i bought another pleco from there.... ( only because he beats the prices) wel that pleco dies too the next day. so i call and see when they close and they say 6 o clock so i say im gonna go return it and they say ok. so i go there and they close WAY too early just so i couldnt return it!!!!!
that sucks! :OMG:
you shouldve said it was kept alone.
btw im 13 too

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
I hate customers who are tightareses as an example

I brought my old 18" Silver arowana upto the shop for our 8x3x2 last yr, hes now 22" and in perfect condtion except for drop eye. Now he was marked up at £100 we reduced him to £80 but we dont mind if we dont sell him really as hes more of a petfish.

So we had a customer who wanted him for £60 and we said we can sell him for £75 parhaps and he was adement on £60 we were trying to explain that we would be making no money on it taking into the account the food that its eaten.

I mean for the sake of £15 id pay thatg for it definately.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
gotta love it. i just went to that petsmart again. still there

srikamaraja

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Vernon, CT
I think it might be rational that the saltwater mollies cost more due to the cost of acclimating them, not to mention saltwater water changes cost more money, adding to the cost of maintaining the fish in the store. Just to be fair.

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
srikamaraja;2985421; said:
I think it might be rational that the saltwater mollies cost more due to the cost of acclimating them, not to mention saltwater water changes cost more money, adding to the cost of maintaining the fish in the store. Just to be fair.
Yepp.

Its sorta the other way around with like bumblebee groupers as they are like twice for the price for one that has been aclimatised to fresh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store