Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

Thedaniokeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Small town near Toronto
In all fairness, sailfin mollies have been acclimated to salt fresh and brackish, but I can't see for the life of me why you'd want to...

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
My local Petsmart "Aquarium Adventure", has a good 1000g pond with a bamboo shark and some sort of stingray w/ a ton of cleaner wrasse! The lady had a small crowd and was saying how they don't eat the wrasse because they cleaned the fish. Making sounding wrasse in the home aquarium great. But, seriously 10 wrasse? Thats a huge impact on where they were collected. Maybe when i start working there during the summer I'll make it a better place. I'm only 15, but my birthday is coming.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
Midas Madness;2989140; said:
My local Petsmart "Aquarium Adventure", has a good 1000g pond with a bamboo shark and some sort of stingray w/ a ton of cleaner wrasse! The lady had a small crowd and was saying how they don't eat the wrasse because they cleaned the fish. Making sounding wrasse in the home aquarium great. But, seriously 10 wrasse? Thats a huge impact on where they were collected. Maybe when i start working there during the summer I'll make it a better place. I'm only 15, but my birthday is coming.
If those wrasses weren't in the display pond, they would be dead, or in another tank. The wrasse's being in that pond have virtually no consequence on collection impact. Fish are collected, wholesaled, shipped, then sold. Not Bought & Paid for, then collected and shipped.

At the very least, those sharks and rays in their pond (WOOO!) wont get ich or otherwise.

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
my favorite one is when my lfs got some clown knives in and I asked when they got them in and she said of last week these things get big and need a 50 gallon and i go hmm well I didnt think they need that...... I was always told it was more of the 300 range since as you may know these guys get like 2 feet and she just looked at me and we had a moment of awkward silence

the other would be how if the fish is said to be put in the "aggressive" "semi aggresive" and "community" sides on the little cards makes that true
so when I bought my sev they where like there is no refund on this fish unless you have tank mates that are bigger than it but it will still kill most of your fish so I went yup I know and giggled inside
then when I was setting up a tank for my pops he wanted some gourmaie and I said to only get one because they don't like the presence of each other ect ect but then mr.staff chimes in "oh no these guys are the buuterflies of the fish world they go great with everything" so my pops gets them
as soon as they hit the water when we get back they battled it out 1 day later the other was ripped to shreds

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Will Hayward;2989151; said:
If those wrasses weren't in the display pond, they would be dead, or in another tank. The wrasse's being in that pond have virtually no consequence on collection impact. Fish are collected, wholesaled, shipped, then sold. Not Bought & Paid for, then collected and shipped.

At the very least, those sharks and rays in their pond (WOOO!) wont get ich or otherwise.
I see what you mean. Since they were already collected they got the good life being able to live in a pond besides ending up in someones p.o.s. tank. But the lady "advertised" them as put one in a tank and never clean it. Like how people view plecos.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
Midas Madness;2990180; said:
I see what you mean. Since they were already collected they got the good life being able to live in a pond besides ending up in someones p.o.s. tank. But the lady "advertised" them as put one in a tank and never clean it. Like how people view plecos.
Heheh, yes that is very poor information then. Many wrasse species have a specific purpose or ability that can be very beneficial in aquaria, but it would never result in not having to clean it.

For example, Six-Line Wrasses eat flatworms, cleaner wrasses clean fish of parasites, etc.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Will Hayward;2990203; said:
Heheh, yes that is very poor information then. Many wrasse species have a specific purpose or ability that can be very beneficial in aquaria, but it would never result in not having to clean it.

For example, Six-Line Wrasses eat flatworms, cleaner wrasses clean fish of parasites, etc.
Wow, never knew they ate specific things. Guess its like Cichlids, Africans and centrals have completely different diets. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store