My 540 -- Pics -- Mostly Vieja

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Favirote tank thanks for sharing man. It looks like everyone calmed down a bit. In your earlier updates it looked like your black belt was acting up too.

Hope the zo chills out man hes an impressive fish. Pkus your argentea are really turning into amazing fish

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Quick update. Well, the Zonatus didn't calm down, so I had to re-home him. I tried to put him in time-out in my 125 for a few weeks, and that helped for a little while. But, after I put him back in the 540, 2-3 weeks later and he was chasing everybody around again. I was prepared to let it go, and take out fish that couldn't take it, but when he started attacking the Argentea and the Midas--I had to make a decision. I figured, with 4 more smaller Zonatus growing out....

The Argentea I think are about 8 inches now. The Midas is a little bigger. I added 2 flowerpots, but the fish don't go in 'em too much.

I'm still not sure if the yellow fish is a Bocourti, or a Pearsii. I bought him as a Bocourti, but I don't know. What do you think?

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
The Argentea I think are about 8 inches now. The Midas is a little bigger. I added 2 flowerpots, but the fish don't go in 'em too much.

I'm still not sure if the yellow fish is a Bocourti, or a Pearsii.
Argenea looking really nice! I did not see pearsei but I am a beginner to most chichlids.

Hey ragin your tank is bad ass! I hope my winter project will be as nice as your tank I need to start collecting my grow outs.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
grow outs .... that's the biggest problem with this tank. The fish in it now are just big enough that I can't add adult fish anymore. Any fish I add now has to be smaller and grow up in the tank. Have to have a backup plan for any fish I add to now. And I only have a 125 and the 540, so there's not much place for fish to go if they don't work out. I might end up with ANOTHER tank just for 540 rejects.

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
grow outs .... that's the biggest problem with this tank. The fish in it now are just big enough that I can't add adult fish anymore. Any fish I add now has to be smaller and grow up in the tank. Have to have a backup plan for any fish I add to now. And I only have a 125 and the 540, so there's not much place for fish to go if they don't work out. I might end up with ANOTHER tank just for 540 rejects.
Lol I know the feeling. Very nice tank.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Tank looks great bro. I say pearsei

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana