3 dead fish in 3 days... afraid of day 4

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
I seem to be losing a fish a day and I don't know why. I'm running two canisters and a wet dry. I tested the waters the last few days and my ph and hardness are normal (don't remember the exact numbers but there the same as always). Ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0, Nitrate is barely noticeable. The tank is 120 gallons, gets a daily 7-10 % water change at noon every day. No bloating, no ich, fecal matter is normal color, no lack of appetite, no new fish, temps holding at 78, no new anything. maintenance has always been general, ill admit the sand could stand to be vacuumed but still there isn't a noticeable amount of deitrus. I thought maybe someone turned on them but the biggest meanest fish was the one to go today so now I'm lost.... i upped the water change today to about 25% to be on the safe side. any ideas?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
How do you managing Nitrate? When folks saying Nitrate almost 0 = The problem is right there :)

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
Daily water changes, I don't use any chemical filtration, only mechanical and bio. Nor do I have any plants like pothos.

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
I'm not sure of the exact types but all fall under peacocks and haps with a few yellow labs. There is a female in the group however. pics of the dead fish, if so i may be able to grab one of the most recently deceased in the trash but he's been in there for hours.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Could be due to aggression....As far as picture, I meant of remaining fish; to see if any disease symptoms are present but also to know the exact species being kept.

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
aggression has never been a big issue (of course its there but no more than expected) and the most likely culprit to bully the other fish was the one to pass today.

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
Sorry about the bad quality. Worst time of day with the glare, crap iPhone camera and I'm no photographer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Stomachs look a little sunk in, maybe some kind of internal parasite. Do all the fish seem to get their fair share at feeding time? Speaking of which, what do you feed?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store