3 dead fish in 3 days... afraid of day 4

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
Stomachs look a little sunk in, maybe some kind of internal parasite. Do all the fish seem to get their fair share at feeding time? Speaking of which, what do you feed?
Yes they get fed twice a night. I have spirulina mixed with some other food from kens color, spirulina, immune booster, and cichlid flake all mixed

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
This is why I'm stumped. I really don't understand. Should I just treat for a parasite? Like prazi or?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
If water parameters(hardness, pH, etc.) are in check. I would consider treating. Could try the prazi/metro combo, if no improvement; I would use a different wormer like fenbendazole or levamisole(which I can't receive in my state anymore).

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
Unfortunately I'm limited to petco and petsmart and one small mom and pop pet store, other than that it's Amazon, what would be the best med? Ph and hardness are normal for what they've always been in, ph 8.3? And waters moderatly hard naturally here

Last edited:

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
One other consideration is pollutants like airfreshner or anything else that could of fallen in. How about treatments in the past like algaecides or meds

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
Definitely no pollutants, no air fresheners in the house. Air filter in each room (heavy allergy sufferers in house) tank has a canopy with nothing nearby or above. Tank hasn't been medicated since an ich outbreak over a year ago.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Try tetra parasite gaurd, should be available at the stores you mentioned. Personally I buy almost all supplies online, seems to be cheaper

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store