60ft x 15ft x 10ft tall 'Dream Tank'

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I'm wondering if Vince found a bunch of platinum or snow alligator gar hehe. Repurposing a pair of shipping containers would get you close, similar tanks are used for hauling water around so maybe able to hold it.
I looked into this recently but decided against it mainly because of the limited 10ft width of a container.. I currently have my gator gars housed in a 8ft wide tank and I know that in a year or two... the 8th wide tank will be too small for them. I would go 20ft wide if I could but I am limited by the space I have. My gars have not stopped growing.. in fact, I call bogus to all the claims of them slowing down once they hit 36 inches. Just planning ahead for my pets.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
My gars have not stopped growing.. in fact, I call bogus to all the claims of them slowing down once they hit 36 inches. Just planning ahead for my pets.
You know, most folks claimed their gars slowing/stop growing don't even own the tank half of your current size tank, if I was a fish why would I stop growing if I was in your mega tank and have all the good foods I can eat....

Reactions: vincentwugwg

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Guess this will beat out the largest build on here of 55,000 gallons. Is that one still up and running?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Guess this will beat out the largest build on here of 55,000 gallons. Is that one still up and running?
I think the tank owner already passed away (If we talking/thinking same person) so I'm not sure his tank still up running and I wonder whose gonna taking care of that tank after him.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Arapaimag passed away?
I don't know his name, is he the guy construsted a 50k gallons+15k Gallons system? I heard he passed away few years ago but don't take my words for it (internet information can be misleading) :p.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Pretty sure arapaimag did not pass away, but don't think he is as active as he used to be. The guy that passed away was in FL and building a monster tank that did not get completed I believe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store