American Bully and mislabeled pit bulls

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
Nate77;4045986; said:
Thanks was unaware of the American bully breed.

but well aware of the American bulldogs :) one day will own another.
A lot of people aren't... They aren't very well-known outside of bulldog owners.

ABD's are an awesome breed... I am more into the working lines than the showier ones though.

MIDWESTFISHBULLIES;4045920; said:
the first bully is a razor edge lol.....
Yep, he was actually posted on a thread here, someone was either talking about buying him or some pups off him... He's a handsome fellow... I can really appreciate a bully with good conformation. I don't like sloppy or overdone bullies.

MIDWESTFISHBULLIES

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2009
MILWAUKEE
me too I want no over bite, easty and westy nothing but a good show dog:naughty:

bettagurl;4046305; said:
A lot of people aren't... They aren't very well-known outside of bulldog owners.

ABD's are an awesome breed... I am more into the working lines than the showier ones though.

Yep, he was actually posted on a thread here, someone was either talking about buying him or some pups off him... He's a handsome fellow... I can really appreciate a bully with good conformation. I don't like sloppy or overdone bullies.

Blue2Fyre

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Whew I was terrified to read this thread at first because I was afraid it would turn into a bully bashing thread :)

You are exactly right with you first post. So many dogs out there are mislabeled as Pitt bulls by the media that it has created this inaccurate view of the breed. The media is the worst. Any dog attack now a days is labeled as a pit bull attack just to grab more attention.
I've worked with dogs for years and I've seen many breeds. Now we have had some trouble with bully breeds with other dogs(not always) but never any problems with the breed towards people. I think they are athletic, intelligent and hard working dogs. They are not the breed for me but I believe they can make loving family pets.

I think it's nice that your provided pictures to outline the differences in these breeds so hopefully people can better understand them. I hate all this breed banning going on nowadays. Some apartments in my area won't let you rent if you have anything from a bulldog to a rottweiler. It's ridiculous.

Noddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2008
Ede-Holland
But hear this, i have to explain to people my dog is no pitbull time and time again.
And as you can see it looks nothing like the pits, allthough it is Bull family!

So, English Bull terriers are also often mislabelled.
Any crossbreed of American-, Staffordshire- or English bull terrier without official papers is considered Pitbull in Holland, and is prohibited.

Lissaspence

Candiru
MFK Member
May 19, 2009
Illinois
I own a pit. Not sure what catagory he falls into since we have no papers and he was given to us by a friend but he is the sweetest dog. I've actually used the mislabeling your complaing about to our advantage before. I've told landlords in the past he as a boxer mix so we could live there and sometimes with people who are really scared I'll tell them he's something else until they are comfortable and then I'll tell them I lied...once they know him they can't help but love him. It's sad it has to be done this way but I've convered a couple people like this. I'm constantly having to fight for him, most people won't even give him a chance just because of his name.

bobo smiling.JPG

yoey and bobo.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
bettagurl;4045752; said:
The American Bulldog and the American Bully are completely different breeds. The names get confusing thoughttp://
I've kept American Pitbull terriers in the past and will again in the future but I've never heard of the American Bully untill reading about it here.

MIDWESTFISHBULLIES;4045920; said:
the first bully is a razor edge lol.....
The one on the right is so short and stout it reminds me of a French Bulldog.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Lissaspence;4047893; said:
I own a pit. Not sure what catagory he falls into
He looks like a mix of some sort, not a purebred.

OP: Thanks for the good read. I was unaware of the american bully. But I do have to ask...isn't there such thing as the blue nose and red nose pits? I know you can't classify them by just their color but they are different sub-breed (or whatever you want to call it)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store