Attention Tilapia feeders

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
No, no, no....Tilapia isn't for people, that's why we have fish like Tuna and Salmon and Flounder and TROUT :p Eeewww, Tilapia, gross, we kept the Salmon for us :D

Lol I'll eat all those to and feed them to the fish. Tilapia is actually not bad. Give it a try.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
What I like most about the tilapia fillet from Walmart is that you can cut it up before it defrost. This allows me to quickly put the other portion back without jeopardizing quality.:)

Reactions: Frank Castle

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I can't dig it up currently and I still feed it regularly but there were some health concerns related to the upbringing of these fish, particularly the import quality.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I can't dig it up currently and I still feed it regularly but there were some health concerns related to the upbringing of these fish, particularly the import quality.
I do recall someone pointing out some rather grusome details on the overseas fish farming.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Many over seas tilapia farms use agricultural by products like manure as tilapia feed the rest of the diet consists of algae. With low protein diets you will see a shift from high omega 3 fatty acids to omega 6....Most of the US farms tested positively.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Many over seas tilapia farms use agricultural by products like manure as tilapia feed the rest of the diet consists of algae. With low protein diets you will see a shift from high omega 3 fatty acids to omega 6....Most of the US farms tested positively.
Is this beneficial/detrimental to human and fish alike or just one?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
less omega 3's definitely not a good thing for either
Frank Castle Frank Castle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store