baby Hoplias aimara ?

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
thanks moe ,
the thing i noticed about the weights and lengths was for example , the last female in there pics they have listed as only 26 centimeters and weighing 1.5 kilos .
translated to inches and pounds that equals only 10 .2 inches and 3.3 pounds this seems off to me .
my fish are actually bigger then this last example , and although i didnt weigh them i dont think they were 3 pounds . maybe though .
if they are they would be heavier then they look thats for sure

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
thanks moe ,
the thing i noticed about the weights and lengths was for example , the last female in there pics they have listed as only 26 centimeters and weighing 1.5 kilos .
translated to inches and pounds that equals only 10 .2 inches and 3.3 pounds this seems off to me .
my fish are actually bigger then this last example , and although i didnt weigh them i dont think they were 3 pounds . maybe though .
if they are they would be heavier then they look thats for sure
Well if they weigh more it could simply be cause they're in captivity, not going a month without food here and there kind of thing

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
trying out a new camera will probably post more pics over the next little while as i figure out how to use it .

the fish are doing great i have stepped up the feeding a bit to try and grow them faster . there both pushing past the 13 inch mark now for sure.

View attachment DSC_0108.JPG

View attachment DSC_0107.JPG

View attachment DSC_0098.JPG

View attachment DSC_0076.JPG

View attachment DSC_0061.JPG

View attachment DSC_0060.JPG

View attachment DSC_0046.JPG

hmmm not sure why i cant post them like before were they show up right on thread instead of having to click on each one ? is it my camera ? or am i doing something wrong ?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
how much growth have you been getting out of them that you want to aim for more? Not sure if its the angles of the pics but the one looks to have put on more size than the other.

My guy is still growing but I can see him putting on more girth versus length right now. I have been feeding him on ton now that he is on pellets. Gets about 30-40 hikari carni sticks daily. He just wants to keep eating, but will probably need to slow it down at some point.

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
thanks kendragon ,

nzaf , i kinda wasnt feeding them a whole lot for a while there , so im wanting to see if i can maybe get a bit of a growth spurt out of them . but they seem to be getting heavier rather then longer at the moment . and yes it seems like the one is getting a bit bigger then the other now . interestingly its the subordinate one . the other one kicks its ass frequently , even though its a little smaller

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
here is a few more pics from the new camera i still havnt figured out how to resize them though :mad:

kendragon if its not to much trouble would you mind doing whatever you did to the last ones for me again thanks soo much ...

the rat pup was frozen thawed in case anyone wonders , i actually feed the sun fish pellets . but they always make a run wit the rat pups before the wolf fish get them . even they seem to relish the flavor or something lol

View attachment DSC_0251.JPG

View attachment DSC_0288.JPG

View attachment DSC_0226.JPG

View attachment DSC_0225.JPG

View attachment DSC_0168.JPG

View attachment DSC_0160.JPG

View attachment DSC_0257.JPG

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
well looks like what i had hoped wouldn't happen , happened last night . woke up to this damn , i hope it heals up .

i usually feed two rat pups at a time . dont worry they also get minnows and shrimp and other stuff but rat pups are the staple .
so last night i put two in ., most times they each get one and all is good . but last night the one that gets the beatings took both . i even threw in a third and it got that one as well .

i thought oh well maybe she is trying to put on size and turn the tables on the other one for a change , so i didnt bother throwing in a forth . now in hind sight i probbably should have as the smaller one was really pissed and took out its frustration and as you can see got the other one right in the freakin eye !!

View attachment DSC_0295.JPG

View attachment DSC_0298.JPG

View attachment DSC_0303.JPG

View attachment DSC_0289.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store