baby Hoplias aimara ?

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
yes i have two , i m thinking of trying them together in a larger size tank with lots of hides . there just around 6 inches at the moment. right now i have them in a divided 45 breeder no tank mates at the moment lol.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'd recommend a bigger tank, atleast a 75 I'd say and some dithers if you're trying to cohab the two even at this size. And a peacekeeper. Only JL has had multiple aimaras together, I think he had 5. It could be a situation where you need more than 3 for it to work. Be very wary. Maybe he can shed some light.

Reactions: Red Aimara

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
thanks moe , the 45 is very temporary . i got two because i figured i can always sell one of down the road . this was the first time i seen aimara , and always secretly wanted one .
then when i seen them there was no amount of talking my self in to not getting one or two lol

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Well I'll say you should try both out in the community setting at the same time and see how it goes, maybe add a mala to the mix so one wolf doesn't get all the beating from another. Then if it doesn't work try each one separate and choose the better behaved one. What do you plan to have for tankmates?

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
As what Moe said.

Would add if you don't feel like adding more wolves, perhaps birchirs could work too.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Pleco should be fine. Although not my preference due to all the waste (poop) potentially will be made.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store