baby Hoplias aimara ?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I believe the Mala were around 10". It's plausible aimara are sexually mature before 20" imo.

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
anyone care to share opinions and the coarse of action i should take with a little tufted of fungus i have noticed on one of these guys ?

i noticed it a couple days ago , i think its from a little scrap or possibly a missing scale not sure exactly how it happened . could be from a jump and hit against something . anyways i also noticed some similar fungus tufts here and there on some of the leaves that have now been mostly removed from the tank . i think maybe it grew on the fish"s wound because of all the time spent laying among them .

anyway so far i have only removed most of the leaves and done water changes . i was thinking of adding salt as first measure , but i have a great piece of java fern that i have been growing for about a year , its attached to a nice piece of wood . so im not sure about the salt ? im still wondering if it could possibly go away on its on with out treatment ? any ideas ? could i catch the fish and remove the fungus by wiping it off or applying something directly to it
DSC04000.JPG DSC04005.JPG

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Up the temp a little and add salt if you'd like, I'm sure they can fight it off without that though. Wolves are extremely tough. Just give them food and clean water.

Reactions: peter predtank

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Get some salt for the tank. Like moe said. Consider API fungus cure if not getting better. Slime coat probably got scraped off.

Reactions: peter predtank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store