Bichir tank mates and plants

plopped

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2023
I dont recommend this tho. You can but 90% of the guy said this never did upsize their tank lol. Keep small guys with small guys. Lapra might gulp your senegal one day. Lapra and endli grow way larger than you might imagine, double the senegalus and delhezi max size, the size of an adult arm. You got to choose man, or risk it.

plopped

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2023
You could try nerite snail for algae problem like zebra snail, but they lay eggs pretty much everywhere although they are infertile eggs.

Reactions: graylizard

graylizard

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2023
Ok thank you for the information. Is there any other species of bichir that I could put with my bichirs?

plopped

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2023
Moke, or polli could do, seeing you already have senegalus and delhezi. But quite rare tho. What about mutated gene senegalus? Senegalus golden slayer for example, they are easier to find here then moke or polli lol.

Reactions: tlindsey

SpecialKay

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2022
I can in a week or two, once I'm back home.
I said 2 weeks, but it's been 2 months. The tank had a diatom disaster from weeks of overfeeding and 24/7 full blast lighting. I am very lucky no fish died (bichirs are such absolute tanks).

Can't say the same for my plants though...90% of the submerged plant mass died off, and all my vegetables got burnt. Here's what is left. Those few plants used to be a wall, and there was watercress growing out the baskets.

IMG_20240407_173327293.jpg

Reactions: graylizard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store