bichirs are are bottemless pits

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
People here will say no rope with Bircher yet mix firemouth (weak as angel fish) with salvini the only cichlid I have seen with fangs and tears out stomach of other fish
salvini are aggresive and FM can someties hold ground

polypterus straight up swallow ropes. difference?

Reactions: tlindsey and magpie

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I have absolutely no experience with any cichlid but even with upperjaws size matters that's why I didn't add my 2 new 3" bichirs or 3" BGK to my main tank that have 3x 10" upperjaws while they have never shown aggression to each other(except 1 time) I didn't want to risk it so they are all in a grow out tank for a while

Reactions: Hendre and magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
magpie magpie the problem is people get all hot and bothered when they arent agreed with....part of this new snowflake society we live in.

Guy has 3 inch polys and hes an expert hahahha......

This section is busy enough no one needs to do anything special...or STUPID to attract attention.

Sure lower jaws can be kept with ropes...but for how long seems like a few comments on this thread lead me to believe its not chock full of people with experience or wanting to learn a thing or two. Anything can work for a few weeks or months but then again when you only have mobths in the hobby it must seem like a long time.

magpie magpie alls good in the hood this section. Needs a little common sense every now and then

Lmaoooooo a rope with an adult endli ....dental floss

Reactions: magpie and tlindsey

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yeah , no. Big ropefish with small endli is fine... what matters is size, size of tank, and aggression.
What happens when the endli isnt soo small ?

Predation and aggression are two different things. Pretation has nothing to do with aggression. These fish eat what they can fit in their mouths....uhhh its what they do.

Fin nipping would be aggreasion

All my polys are 3-4inches. I'm adding a dam rope. Deal with it
That great no one cares what you do with your tank i think its the misinformation that everyone cares about

Reactions: magpie and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store