Classic kids TV shows.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
That's quite an extensive list John. I take it you didn't get out much as a kid, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I blame watching ren and stimpy as a child for any and all lingering mental illness i display now.
Are you sure it's Ren and Stimpy, and not all the excessive fumes you've inhaled from silicon, from years and years of building tanks, lol.

• Haha

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
That's quite an extensive list John. I take it you didn't get out much as a kid, lol.
I actually didn't watch much TV as a kid; my parents were pretty strict and didn't think it was good for kids, especially during the summer when the weather was nice and there was no school. If they thought I was watching too much, the set was turned off and I was turned outside, sort of like a poorly-kept housecat except I was put out the door in the morning and then re-admitted in the evening, sort of the opposite of what lots of folks did with cats. Actually, looking back on it now...I think they probably just wanted some peace and quiet. :)

I vividly recall my dad's standard question for me when I was herded back into the house after a day afield: "Anything alive in your pockets?" The answer was rarely negative; I liked collecting.

All the cartoons were a Saturday-morning thing; the only show listed above that I really watched pretty religiously...as did most of my friends...was Dark Shadows. Kids went straight home from school most days to watch the latest episode at about 4pm, then back outside to play. I usually added a half-hour of The Three Stooges, watched with my father, as a dessert after Dark Shadows; after 30 minutes of concentrated vampire/werewolf/mummy/zombie action, I needed a good laugh. :)

Just remembered another huge favourite: Jonny Quest. A half-hour animated series that was on, IIRC, Friday evenings, very unusual for a cartoon. I liked his dog Bandit, I envied him the chance to travel the world with his scientist father, and I wanted to grow up to be Brace Bannon. :)

Oooh...that reminds me...does anybody remember Clutch Cargo?

Last edited:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
me...does anybody remember Clutch Cargo?
Never heard of Clutch Cargo, had to look it up. Apparently it was an American show, it certainly never made it to the UK anyway.

In a way, if this is what the lead guy looked like, I'm glad I could never see it, I think it would have disturbed my young mind, lol.

Meet Clutch Cargo....WTF!
WAX_LIPS_CARGO_t500x383.jpg

• Haha

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Not quite...but that was a weird cartoon. The mouth of each character was somehow not drawn like the rest of the picture, but seemed to be either a real human mouth or maybe some kind of puppet...not sure which, but the thing was a bit disturbing. That pic you posted must be a spoof of the show; the rest of the head looks like I remember the character, but in the show the mouth used would have been about the same size as one of those eyes.

Or maybe your pic comes from some spin-off show I don't remember; Trans Cargo, or maybe Drag Cargo? Maybe those did indeed exist, but just scarred my young mind so much that it blocked out the memory? :)

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, enough of Clutch Cargo, here's a show where the leading man certainly didn't wear lipstick. Top show this one...

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Never heard of Clutch Cargo, had to look it up. Apparently it was an American show, it certainly never made it to the UK anyway.

In a way, if this is what the lead guy looked like, I'm glad I could never see it, I think it would have disturbed my young mind, lol.

Meet Clutch Cargo....WTF!
View attachment 1517795
Looks like a rather warped rendering of the guy from Jonny Quest!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store