Cleaning aquarium glass

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
This type of issue seems to be more-common in newer tanks and you rarely hear about it in established systems. Try a pleco or other algae eater! Snails can work too. This stuff comes off easily. IMO the white growth is much easier to deal with than hard-water precipitates.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
This type of issue seems to be more-common in newer tanks and you rarely hear about it in established systems. Try a pleco or other algae eater! Snails can work too. This stuff comes off easily. IMO the white growth is much easier to deal with than hard-water precipitates.
I would take a pic but my camera isn't working. It's built up a lot more now. My tank is half a year old now and some of the fish I've had for nearly a year now. The Pleco is one of these fish, measuring in at exactly 6".

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I've been using the Flipper magnet cleaner. I think it works relatively well on most algae and that translucent film.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I personally just use a tank scrubber once a week, and scrub the sides of the tanks clean. Just part of the weekly water change/tank maintenance. Along with evening out the diggers gravel piles and bla bla bla.

I have a 180g, 145g, and a 95g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store