dwarf puffers and FW flounder?

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
what do you all think of dwarf puffers and fw flounders, maybe with a couple bumblebee gobies in a 15 gallon long.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Check out dwarfpuffers.com. They have tons of info on set-up, maintenance, feeding, sexing, and breeding this species. There's also alot of info on tankmates that have worked (and not worked) for others.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
was debating that kinda thing myself, but puffers and rays dont work due to the puffer thinking the eyes to be snails when they bury, and i guess this will be the case if you try this

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Expect to lose the bumblebees, ether the puffers or flounder will eat them

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
Yeah the flounders are very finicky little fish. But that would be a cool tank if you could get it to work. Will the dwarf puffers tolerate brackish water I have never kept them?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i think there is at least one sp. of freshwater flounder. does anyone know if the flounder and puffers would work, cause would like to keep them with my sole if poss. if you try it let me know hoe it goes

viciousconvict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2006
Raleigh
thanks guys. Guppy, I won't keep the bumblebees, of course. I have no wish to buy such expensive feeders. I may set up a nano w/ bumblebees, as part of my master plan to replace every piece of furniture in my house with an animal.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
I like that plan now I just have to convince my wife :ROFL:

After I talked her into our Italian greyhound I think I am out of bargaining chips for a long while :(

dysfunctionaljd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2006
Austin, TX
I would think the DPs would be feeders for the flounder as well. Even though they nip fins and are fiesty little fish, they are still really tiny. I have had mine for almost a year now and i doubt they are even an inch long yet. How big does the flounder get, i have heard antthing from 4-8 inches for different ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store