*Fact Sheet* Fahaka Puffer (Tetraodon lineatus)

onlyreallionsfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2011
Michigan
im flooding the basement... duh... lmao... honestly i am just gunna have it untill it gets a little too big then im gunna sell it back to my lfs... they have tons of regulars with 500+ gallon tanks

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
onlyreallionsfan;5023969; said:
Well... I experimented with a Hi-Fin Banded Shark... and it was doing fine... the puffer left it alone... the Shark was good for about 12 hours and all of a sudden it started swimming funny and was laying on the bottom and the puffer tore him up... sooo thats a no-go... the leporinus is still good though... he hides all day in a coconut and then swims around while the puffer is digesting his meals.

Hi-fin banded sharks.. or chinese banded sharks are cold water species.. not warm water species.. which is likely part of the issue. They do poorly in tropical tanks to begin with. also what you describe with the shark.. I'de make sure uour water is testing fine.

xpietoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
love this fish ... i have one name murphy ... nice coloration and pattern .. funny behaviour .. love it ... fahaka rules ...

Jamesa3211

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
Ruston ,LA
Just got my fahaka and only at 1.5" for now its a cool fish. Didnt at first know how big they can get until some other members gave me the heads up but im ready for him to get larger and start showing off his true colors and marki gs

d1rt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2012
toronto, ontario, CA
I disagree with the light decorations. Puffers feel safer with a lot of decor to retreat into & actually will stay out more, when there is lots of decor. My fahaka loves to hang out in his cave, when sleeping & then swims the length of his 6' tank, when active.

simply amazing tank, VERY nice

puffykid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I believe 1 inch a month for the first year is pretty normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store